Forum Discussion

hisyamIZ
Level 3
13 years ago

Synchronize button missing

Hi Experts,

Some of my user having this kind of issue, their "synchronize button missing" from outlook .

after deploying the EV agent version 10.0.0, restart outlook, even did restart the computer . the result still the same. sorry, picture below is not the correct screenshot, i just want to show you the situation only, the yellow box is missing which is the synchronize button. i also press cntrl + alt and press on the icon, the reset cache is grey out.

thanks

hisyam

• Looks like the "Offline store required" setting is set to "Yes" in the Desktop policy, advanced tab, Vault Cache section, and this Outlook session is not using a Cache Mode connection to Exchange. As Vault Cache is not available then the sync button is not visible.

Could either change the policy or use cache mode in Outlook.

6 Replies

• Just check the "Desktop Policy Settings" for the user. Check the "Synchronize Vault Cache" is Enabled and On Toolbar is also Enabled

• but we deploy it using GPO for 14 people. only 1 machine got this problem. previously got one user having the same problem, but then i ask the user to reboot his machine, and then the button appear. i tried on this one machine, still the synchronize button is dissapear.

and fyi, i already check on the desktop policy ,the synchronize vault cache both was tick.

thanks

hisyam.

• Looks like the "Offline store required" setting is set to "Yes" in the Desktop policy, advanced tab, Vault Cache section, and this Outlook session is not using a Cache Mode connection to Exchange. As Vault Cache is not available then the sync button is not visible.

Could either change the policy or use cache mode in Outlook.

• yup the policy was set to yes on the desktop policy, and yes the outlook cache mode was not set. after i tick the cache mode and restart the outlook, the EV add-in tab is missing.

• after restart the machine a few times. the synchronize button appear already.

thanks guys!

regards,

hisyam