Forum Discussion

lukassc
Level 5
13 years ago

Throttling Policies error - EV9.0.1

Hi! when I run the script, I get this error... Any clue?

[PS] D:\data\Permisos>Set-mailbox services-evault -ThrottlingPolicy EnterpriseVault_D0F41A15-9E91-D111-84E6-0000F877D428

Active Directory operation failed on labtnswdcm3.labmsgtns.techint.net. This error is not retriable. Additional informa

tion: The name reference is invalid.

This may be caused by replication latency between Active Directory domain controllers.

Active directory response: 000020B5: AtrErr: DSID-03152804, #1:

0: 000020B5: DSID-03152804, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data 0, Att 8ec92783 (msExchThrottlingPolicyDN)

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Set-Mailbox], ADConstraintViolationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DC913F98,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.SetMailbox

• Talk to your exchange guys, they should be able to set it up easily, it's basically the exact same script as BES uses, so if you use blackberrys, ask yor BES Adkins how they implemented their throttling scripts

5 Replies

• I found this on another site, may be something you want to talk to microsoft about?

Notes From The Field: Consider Active Directory Replication Delays in Exchange 2010 Troubleshooting

Markus Bellmann

Senior Solution Architect, Siemens AG, Germany

With one customer, we ran into the issue that newly created databases did not mount immediately. The error was "Active Directory operation failed on <servername>. This error is not retriable. Additional information: The name reference is invalid". The reason for that behavior is that Remote PowerShell connects to a Client Access server, not to a Mailbox server. The good news is that Exchange will try to mount the database repeatedly, so when the information is replicated to the configuration domain controller responsible for the Mailbox server, the database will be automatically made available.

The bottom line is that when creating mailbox databases using Remote PowerShell, you may want to make sure that the Mailbox server and the corresponding Client Access servers use the same domain controller for configuration. You can verify this with the Get-ADServerSettings |fl cmdlet, and configure the domain controller that is used by PowerShell with the Set-ADServerSettings cmdlet.

• Create a new throtling policy in exchange 2010 and set it as unrestricted

once you are done with it use the same policy to apply to vault service account, it worked in my case.

• But I use the script SetEVThrottlingPolicy, How can I create one?

• Talk to your exchange guys, they should be able to set it up easily, it's basically the exact same script as BES uses, so if you use blackberrys, ask yor BES Adkins how they implemented their throttling scripts