Forum Discussion

PRADiiP
Level 4
6 years ago

Unable to ZAP the Archive || EVPM

Hi Guys,

I am trying to Zap one of the Archive folowing the article - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000028255

However I keep getting the below error:

Line number in error: 3
Section in error: Directory
Attribute in error: Sitename
Value in error: SITENAME
Error parsing the config (.ini) file

I tired adding the FQDN and when I will ping (SITENAME or SITENAME.DOMAIN.COM) it it will resolve to the Direcotry server.

Also I tried to add the Domain name to Append DNS Suffixes - Note there was no entry in it so I just added but did not help

I tried to give the space in each lines and then started getting below error:

Line number in error: 5
Section in error: Directory
Attribute in error: Sitename
Value in error: SITENAME
Error parsing the config (.ini) file

I have veryfied the Mailbox DN name and its correct one,

Any help would be highly appreciated.

5 Replies

• Hello,

Did you save the INI file as Unicode? (file save as, somewhere at the bottom).

Can you share the exact content of the (first part of)  INI file (you can change the names if you want, to anonymize).

PRADiiP
      Level 4

Hello Gertjan,

Thanks for the response, I have attached the file here, due to security concers I have removed the actul enviroment information.

GertjanA

Hello,

I have the below:

[Directory]
        DirectoryComputerName = hostname.domain.com
        Sitename = sitename

[ArchivePermissions]
        ArchiveName = archiveid
        ZAP = true

The DirectorycomputerName is the HOST name, not the alias. Sitename (in my situation is word_word, so no spaces in the name. If you have spaces, I believe you need to use single quote, like 'site name'. to be sure, you can get the sitename from the directory database. (select SiteName from SiteEntry)

I use the archive-id (found from the properties of the archive, tab advanced)

again, make sure to save the ini file as UNICODE