Forum Discussion

Wangui
Level 4
12 years ago

DVR backing up to NBU Appliance

Hi, I have a client with a DVR (model - IPD-8/16ZD) that churns out data that I need to send to the NBU appliance. It runs off a linux kernel, file format is H.264. There's no way to get an agent...
    12 years ago

That does look similar to the software used by my last job - but the media sever was Windows based that ran the software

The software had a command line option available - the method we used was to script the software to access the files via ftp - copy to a local directory - and then run an archive job against that directory so that they were backed up and then deleted.

An additional prompt helped name each sub folder so that they were easily identified form all of the backups.

All depends what is available to you as to how you can do it - perhaps ftp would be avilable on the appliance but you would still need to copy then off first and then back them up locally (archive them) but you would probably need a media server or client in the middle to do it for you to make it simple - maybe a FT client would be good for that?