Forum Discussion

lovy
Level 4
10 years ago

Upgradation from 2.6.0.1 to 2.6.0.3 failing

Hi

Appliance 5230 upgradation from 2.6.0.1 to 2.6.0.3 is failing with below error:

Install SYMC_NBAPP_update-2.6.0.3-1.x86_64.rpm
- [Info] Comparing the currently installed version with the target version.
Verify whether the software update, SYMC_NBAPP_update-2.6.0.3-1.x86_64.rpm has been installed on compute node, phusmb-sp300007. ... ok
- [Error] Unable to gather backup job summary information. This may indicate that some processes are not running and that you should restart your appliance.
- [Info] The software upgrade has been aborted!

steps I follow before upgradation:

1. I used bp.kill_all and bp.start_all before upgradation

2. suspend scheduling before upgradation

3. no jobs were running before upgradation.

Pls provide solution.

1 Reply

• Iovy,

The upgrade process checks to see if there are any active NetBackup jobs. The upgrade process only proceeds if it is determined no active jobs are detected. If the backup job summary cannot be complied it means that some of the process are not running. 

The first step I would perform is to teboot the appliance and retry the upgrade.  If that does not prove successful, then I recommend you open a case with Symantec support to troubleshoot your appliance upgrade issue.

You may also expose the log shares on the appliance (Main Menu-->Support-->Logs>share open).  In the root of the share you should find a file named "patch_log_2.6.0.3_<date>".  There is also a "patch_output_2.6.0.3_<date>" file that might help you to review the cause of the upgrade failure.

Again, please do contact support to work through the issue with your upgrade.