Forum Discussion

philalbert
Level 4
8 years ago

3 clients backup returning error status 112

I'm unable to backup 3 clients, I always get error code 112, but I can't find what's wrong.

Anyone can help me and let me know which logs I should be looking at please?

Thanks

Phil

• NBU version 7.7.3, OS: Windows 2012 R2

They are in the same policy, with many working clients. Policy type MS-Windows.

I tried connecting to the agent from the master and I get "cannot connect on socket". I ran bptestbpcd.exe from the master and it couldn't connect. (I didn't try this before opening the discussion...silly me)

Looks like the windows firewall was activated on these clients. I added Netbackup to the exceptions and now it works.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

4 Replies

• Please tell us more about these 3 clients - 

NBU version and OS?

How is Policy/policies configured for these clients?
    Should the policy generate multiple data streams?
    Can the master server connect to these clients to discover streams?

Status Code Reference Guide says:

This status code may occur if nbjm is running and a stream discovery fails to
    find all stream files. Examine the nbjm unified log (originator ID 117) for more
    details on the cause of the error.
      Michael_G_Ander
      Level 6

The troubleshooting guide might have some hints too, in the by status code section

philalbert
      Level 4

NBU version 7.7.3, OS: Windows 2012 R2

They are in the same policy, with many working clients. Policy type MS-Windows.

I tried connecting to the agent from the master and I get "cannot connect on socket". I ran bptestbpcd.exe from the master and it couldn't connect. (I didn't try this before opening the discussion...silly me)

Looks like the windows firewall was activated on these clients. I added Netbackup to the exceptions and now it works.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

• I just had this with a Win 2003 server just now.  We could not RDP into the server nor access it at the console.  We had to power cylce the box.