Forum Discussion

CadenL
Level 6
8 years ago

Change EMM server name for a single Media server to FQDN

Hi

I have a 7.6 Windows Master server with two Windows Media Servers (also running 7.6) and am planning to upgrafe to NBU 8.0.

When I run the NBCC it comes back with an inconsistancy which I believe may be down to one of the servers being configured with the EMM server using the short name but the master server usng the FQDN (these are the same server - the master server is also the EMM server)

On the master server, if I run nbemmcmd -getemmserver it shows me a list of the media servers and also the associated EMM server. I can see one of the media servers has the short name here and the others have the FQDN. Whereas this doesn't seem to cause any operational issues, I'd like to get this straightened out so that the NBCC might run through clean.

Do I have any options here?

On the media server with the inconsistency - Can I change the EMM server name from the shortname to the FQDN (just for that media server) so it matches the others and also matches the FQDN which is used for the EMM server.

Or (.....and I suspect this is where the problem lies)

Can I set an 'alias' for the EMM server? I can see that the Master server has an alias for both shortname and FQDN which, I guess, is how the server was installed - using the shortname for the Master server which automatically applied the shortname for the EMM server.

thanks in advance

• You can edit it in the registry (after backup). Set it to the shortname, restart the services and check if it display fine. Short long shouldn't really be an issue unless there is something blocking the resolution.

You know you can just open a support case and have the nbcc checked :)

9 Replies

• You can edit it in the registry (after backup). Set it to the shortname, restart the services and check if it display fine. Short long shouldn't really be an issue unless there is something blocking the resolution.

You know you can just open a support case and have the nbcc checked :)

CadenL
      Level 6

ok - thanks

So it's not a setting on the Master server (within the EMM databases) but just a registry setting on the actual media itself?

That's sounds like quite a simple edit them.

I would look to change it from the shortname to the FQDN as the Master server has an alias for both but the EMM server only has the FQDN - so I think this is where the inconsistency will be.

I'll probably open a support case too but wanted to see if it might be an easy fix I could do myself beforehand

CadenL
        Level 6

So I thought this might happen..... but didn't think Veritas would be quite that nonsenseical to put it in writing :smileyhappy:

As the Server is running 7.6.0.1 I must first upgrade before Support can assist me with my upgrade......