Forum Discussion

Santiago21
Level 3
10 years ago

Deleting a storage lifecycle policy (SLP)

Good morning,

I'm trying to delete a storage lifecycle policy but i'm getting the below message.

The storage lifecycle policy, could not be deleted. Status: 1519

Images are in process. Please, run the nbstlutil command to get a list of those images if you need to cancel or expire them.

How do i expire the images?

Thanks,

• This is not an expiration issue. This is an issue of images that are SLP incomplete. You can run the command nbstlutil stlilist -L -lifecycle <The SLP you are trying to delete> -image_incomplete. This will return all the images that still are marked incomplete that are a part of the SLP you are trying to delete.

• So the image is not duplicated.

If you are very sure you don't want it.

nbstlutil cancel -backupid TMEPCDFILE_1428131051

This will move it to complete status, then the SLP can be deleted.

Note.

Depending on the settings of the first copy, the backup, this may expire immediately you cancel it, as the image reverts to a normal image and it's expire time reverts to whatever it is set to, relative to when it was taken.

It's not impossible to prevent this, but requires manual SQL commands, i.e. a support call.

Alternatively, you can investigate why it is stuck (nbstserv log / -o 226)

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • This is not an expiration issue. This is an issue of images that are SLP incomplete. You can run the command nbstlutil stlilist -L -lifecycle <The SLP you are trying to delete> -image_incomplete. This will return all the images that still are marked incomplete that are a part of the SLP you are trying to delete.

• Thanks for your responds Andrew.

I'm trying to find the "nbstlutil" command but, i'm having a hard time.

• I found where the command was able to run the command you stated.

It came back with 1 result.

I'm not sure what's the next step.

• Andrew below are the results.

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>nbstlutil stlilist -L -lifecycle
     PCD_FULL_SLP -image_incomplete
    V7.6.0 I TMEPCDFILE_1428131051 PCD_FULL_SLP 2
    V7.6.0 C tmebackup-hcart3-robot-tld-0 2 1

• So the image is not duplicated.

If you are very sure you don't want it.

nbstlutil cancel -backupid TMEPCDFILE_1428131051

This will move it to complete status, then the SLP can be deleted.

Note.

Depending on the settings of the first copy, the backup, this may expire immediately you cancel it, as the image reverts to a normal image and it's expire time reverts to whatever it is set to, relative to when it was taken.

It's not impossible to prevent this, but requires manual SQL commands, i.e. a support call.

Alternatively, you can investigate why it is stuck (nbstserv log / -o 226)

• Sorry about the late reply. MPH is correct in that you can cancel this one image replication. It was made On the 24th at 2:04 AM (bpdbm -ctime 1428131051 - 1428131051 = Sat Apr  4 02:04:11 2015) so maybe it does not need to stick around so long. However I would reccomend the second part of his repland and that is to figure WHY it did not copy. It should be trying over and over again to copy so the logs should show it.