Forum Discussion

raj08
Level 4
12 years ago

Error while creating EMM database

Hi Experts, I am into a situation now. Our EMM databse has been corrupted. And I tried to recreate the Blank EMM database and after that I thought I would recover from DR Catalog File. But when I r...
    12 years ago

That might be the cause but I have seen it not creating it eventhough everything was smooth. Not sure though why it misses NBAZDB.

Please check this TN:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO68218

NBU default password = nbusql and if you have changed it before then it will be issue and you should remeber the old password. If you have never changed anything then no need to worry as it will be still default to nbusql.

After creating EMM (without NBAZDB) i have recoverd Hot Catalog Backup File. So is it OK, if I add this new entry in vxdbms.conf file and create a new password for NBAZDB? What I am exactly trying to say is is it safe to run this after we recover Catalog Backup?

If your catalog backups are running fine and successfull with status code 0 then let the way it is. If automatic validation of the NBAZDB is failing then only do it.

And what is the exact funtion of this. I know it it for DB authorization? Is it mandatory to have this password entry when this DB is available in databases file?

The deaful password for nbdb is nbusql and you can access it using NetBackup\bin>NbDbAdmin.exe

The NetBackup Authorization database is present whether or not NetBackup Access Control (NBAC) is configured and used.It is just there unless you configure it and to configure it you have to install it and your authorization services should be started etc ............. If you are not using it better to leave the way it is.