Forum Discussion

dKitKat
Level 3
14 years ago

Frozen Media containing old catalogbackup

Hello there,

I noticed that I have about two medias of CatalogBackup full with the status of Frozen.

I checked with bpmedialist command and it shows that the images are from year 2008.

Can I safely unfreeze these medias in order to use them for daily backup? Will it affect the ability to restore the backup of year 2008 when and if needed?

Thanks!

• but check them physically for defects, dislodged tape leaders etc - that could be why they were initially frozen.

They will have no impact on your ability to restore images from 2008 - it is essentially a backup of NetBackup as it stood at the time of the save (including images) & would only be of use if you wanted to restore your whole NetBackup environment to that particular time (& I really don't think you'd want to do that!)

1 Reply

• but check them physically for defects, dislodged tape leaders etc - that could be why they were initially frozen.

They will have no impact on your ability to restore images from 2008 - it is essentially a backup of NetBackup as it stood at the time of the save (including images) & would only be of use if you wanted to restore your whole NetBackup environment to that particular time (& I really don't think you'd want to do that!)