Forum Discussion

Dollypee
12 years ago

How to configure datadomain OST with netbackup

Netbackup : 7.5.0.5

Datadomain: DD990 & DD890

Please how do i configure the storage datadomain with netbackup?

Thank you.

9 Replies

• Thank you so much Yanuhisa, am reading it now. However, i realise how to configure LSU for datadomain device is not stated. Any info on this? I am also still checking on my end. Thanks again.

• Maybe a good idea to ask your EMC reseller for training?

Or make use of their additional installation and configuration services?

Another useful doc on EMC site is OST_Admin_759-0005-0001.pdf (there may be a newer version by now).

It contains DD config (Creating Logical Storage Units (LSUs)) as well as NBU info.

To understand the basics about OST, see this NBU manual: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5188

• Which version of DDOS are you using? In latest version, it is no longer called LSU. It is just called "Storage Unit". This is not same with NetBackup's one - it is in term of DD.To create storage unit of DD, check Data Domain Boost 2.5 for OpenStorage Administration Guide page 40 - "Creating Storage Units".

• You can't configure the Netbackup part if the Data Domains isn't up and running.

As Yasuhisa already has pointed out, you find step by step instruction in the OST manual from EMC.

• Thanks all for your wonderful contribution. Yasuhisa, i think you are right as per LSU. we are running OS: 5.2.1.0-331816 version. Am going to get intouch with datadomain to confirm that.

• Then just follow EMC OST manual. I find it quite easy to configure. The wizard in Netbackup will also work.

Ensure the DNS is working for both Netbackup media servers and EMD data domain. Use fully qualified domain names (e.g dd01.acme.com).