Forum Discussion

Yamoo
Level 3
13 years ago

How to retrieve images from tape

Hi Guys,

I am just wondering if there is a way out for me here. I recently migrated our NBU6.5.4 master server  to NBU7.1 windowsR2. The catalog  backup of the NBU6.5.4 was done on wed afternoon, so we still have daily backup of wed and thursday ran by the existing NBU6.5.4 before we did the cutover to new master on friday. I did keep the frozen and kept the  tapes for wed & thurs to be imported later after migration.

However the mistake was that the tapes were left in robot and NBU 7.1 sees them has having 0 images. These tape were accidentally unfrozen and possibly (idont know) overwritten. I have tried the 2 phase import but at the second phase , "no images were found for import" - any miracle here at all to get this images back?

Please advise.

Thanks.

2 Replies

• The frozen state only exists in the database of the 6.5 master server.

The new master server saw these tapes as new, unassigned, available to be overwritten.

To find out if tapes have been overwritten, run 'Tape List' report on both master servers.

Media id's that appear in both reports have been overwritten.

Tapes that do not appear in the Tape List report of the new server have not been overwritten. You will need to perform phase 1 and phase 2 import on these tapes.

• Yamoo, it's been close to 2 months ....

Have you tried what I have suggested?

Any feedback?