Forum Discussion

jvmagic
Level 3
11 years ago

Manual backup vs Scheduled backup

Hi,

If I run a manual backup and because of the amount of data being backed up it overlaps into the scheduled backup what happens with this overlapping?

Thanks in advance.

• NetBackup, by default, has limited 1 job per client and 1 job per policy. You can modify these values but you take the risk of high disk I/O, which is why they are set to 1.

If you have not modified these values then NetBackup will wait on that client/policy till its done before kicking off a new backup.

4 Replies

• NetBackup, by default, has limited 1 job per client and 1 job per policy. You can modify these values but you take the risk of high disk I/O, which is why they are set to 1.

If you have not modified these values then NetBackup will wait on that client/policy till its done before kicking off a new backup.

• SymTerry, what if I modifiy to a different number? Will it only cost higher I/O?

Thanks again.

• If you Modify it, then it will run two jobs at the same time either with the policy or the client depending on what you set. You will have a higher I/O, but you would not miss the scheduled job window. The concern is, if this is a production server, you will take a performance hit depending on your servers load at the time of backup.