Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Migrating NBU policies from windows to linux

Hello. Is there an easy way to migrate just the NBU policies from a windows master server to a linux master server (5230 appliance)? I've tried copying the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class directory, bu...
    11 years ago
    • open software share on 5230
    • copy your windows db folder to incoming patch on 5230
    • do not close your share
    • copy your files manually from /inst/patch/incoming to /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class.
    • make sure folder has correct permission
    • you can close your share now (make sure you have netbackup services stop all the time)
    • bring up the services and as suggested above make sure to take care of dns and storage unit
    11 years ago

Ok. I figured it out. I followed the above steps from "Backup_In_A_Box" but added an addition step.

• open software share on 5230
    • copy your windows db folder to incoming patch on 5230
    • do not close your share
    • copy your files manually from /inst/patch/incoming to /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class.
    • run the dos2unix command on the folders in the incoming location.
    • I ran this command to run the dos2unix command on all files except for in a folder called "kenb"
    • find . -type f \! -path \*/\kenb/\* -exec dos2unix {} \;
    • copied the incoming class directory to the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class directorymake sure folder has correct permission
    • you can close your share now (make sure you have netbackup services stop all the time)
    • bring up the services and as suggested above make sure to take care of dns and storage unit

Additional step. I ran the dos2unix command on the classes and upon restarting the services, the policies were seen.

Thank you for your help!!