Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Nebtackup job status script

hi ,

i need some assistance regarding a script which i was using before netbackup upgrade 7.5

windows 2008 R2

netbackup 7.5.0.4

here is the script i am unable to run it from nbu command line

C:\Progra~1\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bperror -U -backstat -s info -hoursago 24 >> %LOGFILE%

similary i can get the output into a output file is attached

Script .cmd

set LOGFILE="C:\ALJScripts\Logs\status.txt"

echo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > %LOGFILE%
echo Summary Report by Status Code >> %LOGFILE%
echo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >> %LOGFILE%

bperror -backstat -by_statcode -U -hoursago 24 >> %LOGFILE%

echo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >> %LOGFILE%
echo Detail Report >> %LOGFILE%
bperror -U -backstat -s info -hoursago 24 >> %LOGFILE%

REM echo Below Report with Kbytes Written >> %LOGFILE%
REM bperror -all -hoursago 12 | grep Kbytes >> %LOGFILE%

REM blat %LOGFILE% -t example@abc.com -subject "Backup Status for Jobs between 8:00 AM to 8:00 AM"

blat is configured and i m receiving emails

but this script is not running

any work around or guidance is appreciated

thank you

• You have not defined a PATH variable, so you need to specify the full path to bperror command.

4 Replies

• Error “C:\ALJScripts\Backup_Scripts>bperror -backstat -by_statcode -U -hoursago 24  1>>

"C:\ALJScripts\Logs\status.txt"

'bperror' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.”

attach is the script error

• You have not defined a PATH variable, so you need to specify the full path to bperror command.

• Or ...

put the full path in the script.

Eg

echo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > %LOGFILE%
    echo Summary Report by Status Code >> %LOGFILE%

C:\Progra~1\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bperror -backstat -by_statcode -U -hoursago 24 >> %LOGFILE%

I don't understand why people don't set the PATH variable on the OS - I sit on webex and watch people type in long paths every time they run a command.

You could set the path to the command as a variable in the script .

eg

set ADMINCMD="C:\Progra~1\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmdt"

Then use

%ADMINCMD%\bperror -backstat -by_statcode -U -hoursago 24 >> %LOGFILE%

That way, you don't have paths in the script (well, only once) and it's neater + will work on any machine.

To set the paths, see part A in here

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-basics-and-how-make-your-life-easier

Martin

• thanks for sharing

since i add the variable

i am not receiving any emails now

please guide me step by step if possible add in the script

because we have two in the script

rem bperror -backstat -by_statcode -U -hoursago 24 >> %LOGFILE%

echo Detail Report >> %LOGFILE%
    bperror -U -backstat -s info -hoursago 24 >> %LOGFILE%

REM echo Below Report with Kbytes Written >> %LOGFILE%
    REM bperror -all -hoursago 12 | grep Kbytes >> %LOGFILE%