Forum Discussion

Ray_Xu
Level 3
11 years ago

Netbackup 7.5.0.6 Java Console "Unable to login,status:503" Invalid Username(AD Is Windows Server 2012)?

Hello,

I am trying to login into Netbackup 7.5.0.6 master server (Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1) using Netbackup Java console 7.5.0.6.

But login fails with "Unable to login,status:503" Invalid Username"

I have created file in C:\Program Files\Veritas\Java\auth.conf with valid etries 

netbackup75\Administrator ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL
BACKUPDEPT\netbackup75 ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL   ------Active Directory is Windows Server 2012

Finished! Still tips me the same error.

BACKUPDEPT\netbackup75 has already added Local Administrator Group!
"Logon as a service" has been enabled in Local Group Policy!
UAC has been disabled!

Why still error?
Somebody gives me a solution.

Thank you!
  • I would also grant this user with:

Replace a process level token,

Act as part of the operating system,

Create a token object.

Once added (either via secpol.msc or GPO - depends on your AD configuration/needs) reboot the system as in rsop.msc these won't be shown (until reboot will be done).

After a reboot try to logon via Java - if still unsuccessful create a directory bpjava-msvc in

<install path>\NetBackup\logs

and review the file created there after next login attempt from Java GUI.

10 Replies

• Thank you so much, after I check, I find domain account BACKUPDEPT\netbackup75 is not been added to "Replace a process level token" policy.

After added, It's successful.

Thanks again! : )

• Well,

If you would listen to me you would be done :)

Do a quick search on google after SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege....

It will give you answers like this:

from first link I recieved I can read http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779140%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

Replace a process-level token

Allows a process that has this privilege to replace the access token associated with a process

So please add the roles I already mentioned in this thread, reboot that master and you will be OK

I think this issue is not really tight to the NBAZ/NBAC

I had to add the same roles to all my NBU master server so OpsCenter can pull capacity reports...

• I executed the command "bpnbaz -setupmaster",and it's successful.

It still error when I login java console, I created "bpjava-msvc" dir. Log shows:

17:27:23.673 [2680.4772] <2> supportFiles: C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\Logs\bpjava-susvc does not exist, i.e. no user server logging.
    17:27:23.673 [2680.4772] <2> logparams:  -transient
    17:27:23.688 [2680.4772] <16> EnablePrivilege: AdjustTokenPrivileges of SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege failed, result = 1,  errno = 1300 = Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller.
    17:27:23.688 [2680.4772] <16> command_LOGON_TO_MSERVER: authenticate failed for user BACKUPDEPT\netbackup75 (user not found)
    17:27:23.688 [2680.4772] <16> poll_listen: can't find file descriptor 0000000000000160 in polling table
    17:27:23.688 [2680.4772] <4> bpjava-msvc: NEW_LOG closing debugFD and seting NB_INVALID

How should I do?

• Thank you!

I executed "bpnbaz -setupmaster" successfully.

But login to java console still error.

• I would also grant this user with:

Replace a process level token,

Act as part of the operating system,

Create a token object.

Once added (either via secpol.msc or GPO - depends on your AD configuration/needs) reboot the system as in rsop.msc these won't be shown (until reboot will be done).

After a reboot try to logon via Java - if still unsuccessful create a directory bpjava-msvc in

<install path>\NetBackup\logs

and review the file created there after next login attempt from Java GUI.

• Yes, NetBackup can use your domain, with proper configuration, to authenticate your users and set limits to their access in NetBackup.

Configuration of NBAC can be found in chapter 4 of the Security and Encryption guide here.

• So, I need to configuring NBAC in a Domain environment?

• Seems like need NetBackup Authentication and Authorization,right?

•  

Error "Unable to login, status: 503 Invalid user name" shown in NetBackup Java Console

Article:TECH166557  |  Created: 2011-08-05  |  Updated: 2011-08-05  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166557

Getting "Unable to login, Status 503 Invalid Username" when using a non administrator user in the for the Java GUI.

Article:TECH72342  |  Created: 2009-01-14  |  Updated: 2013-04-26  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH72342