Forum Discussion

Deyaa
Level 4
10 years ago

Netbackup 7.6 Network issue

Hi all;

I'm newbie in Symantec Netbackup , i will be grateful if you could help me .

i have a problem regarding to Network in netbackup 7.6 as we implement 2 Network for Netbackup , one network for Netbackup management "public" and one private vlan for backup.

Master/Media Server and all the clients have 2 interfaces , one for public connections and one for private connections.
please check below:

Master Server/Media Server                                  clients
192.168.1.10" public" ------------------------------>     192.168.1.11 " public"
10.0.0.10 "private"------------------------------->       10.0.0.11    "private"

while i am login to Netbackup via public Network , i push client installation to the client on the private network .
after successful installation of  agent on the client , the client status " can't connect to socket "

Notice : there is no DNS . and the backup Vlan is private " no connections to the public".

please Advice 

Thanks

Deyaa

• SERVER = dataguard-bck 
    is only needed if the client is also a media server, but then you need to add that that line to the client's bp.conf as well.

CONNECT_OPTIONS
    is only needed if you want to override the default NBU connect options.

If connection and backups are working, then all is fine.

Suggested master/media bp.conf:

SERVER = netbackup
    SERVER = netbackup-bck
    CLIENT_NAME = netbackup-bck

Client bp.conf :

SERVER = netbackup-bck
    CLIENT_NAME = dataguard-bck

11 Replies

• No - its the server list on the client I meant.

Client need to contact the master server on the private network - therefor the host name of the master servers private network need to specified as master server.