Forum Discussion

Shehkh4
Level 4
2 years ago

Netbackup Host-id

How can we remove the Netbackup Host ID from Netbackup Master Server? Previously I changed my client name and now the previous client name sits in the Host management.

Shehkh4
    2 years ago

Actually there were 2 Host ID's in Host Mgt , One was the with the old client name the other one was with the new one. The Certificate of that old client name was already revoked so I just right click the host in host mgt and clicked the "Reset Host Attributes" option and the GREEN LOCK UNLOCKED with red and my porblem was solved!!!

2 Replies

• Hi Shehkh4 

It is not possible to remove certificates/host-ids once created (without rebuilding the primary server). This is a feature and a security requirement (the hostid wouldn't be very secure if it was possible to simply remove it from the primary server). 

Leaving the old host-id/certificate on the master does not cause any issues what so ever. 

David

Shehkh4
      Level 4

Actually there were 2 Host ID's in Host Mgt , One was the with the old client name the other one was with the new one. The Certificate of that old client name was already revoked so I just right click the host in host mgt and clicked the "Reset Host Attributes" option and the GREEN LOCK UNLOCKED with red and my porblem was solved!!!