Forum Discussion

NiklasV
Level 4
9 years ago

Netbackup Status 800 Robotic Library is not Defined in EMM

Hello, i had a other thread about another issue for some time ago but we solved that issue

However this popped up now instead been trying to fix it during the summer vacations but i think i need some help.

I Get Status code 191 also but i assume this is because of the Status 800:

8/3/2015 8:10:20 AM - begin Duplicate
8/3/2015 8:10:21 AM - requesting resource bup01-TL4000
8/3/2015 8:10:21 AM - Error nbjm(pid=3140) NBU status: 800, EMM status: The robotic library is not defined in EMM
8/3/2015 8:10:21 AM - Error nbjm(pid=3140) NBU status: 800, EMM status: The robotic library is not defined in EMM
8/3/2015 8:10:28 AM - end Duplicate; elapsed time: 00:00:08
resource request failed(800)

I have been reading up on the issue and it seems its a pathing issue somewhere? but im not sure where to look,

First one all. One Media server, One robot but two tapes. Windows 2003 R2 ( We are trying to convince the finance department to upgrade ) Netbackup 7.5

Stuff i have tried:
Shutdown the server, remove all tapes from the drives and reboot the robot / server, and repeated that step while inserting the tapes.
Did an robot inventory so all tapes are up to date.

I Found thishttps://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH56270.html however im unsure where to type this command or know what information to look into, basically i feel stuck and im very very new with Netbackup in general in the NBUI where i can see the error code i can also check the built in Troubleshooter where i get

Locate the EMM reason string, correct the problem, and rerun the job.
Some generic EMM reason strings (such as Disk volume is down) may require generating some reports to determine the cause of the failure. Generate the report by using either bperror or various log entry reports, such as Reports > Disk Reports > Disk Logs in the NetBackup Administration Console.

And it sounds simple enough but as i stated i have no clue what to look for here aswell.

Im only at this office 3 times a week but i will try to answer / Troubleshoot as much as possible, Thanks for the help

• Hi,

Your problem is that you're using a DSSU (Disk staging storage unit) and its referring to a storage unit that is not configured anymore. If you check the storage unit called DISK_STAGING's properties you'll find that in the schedule section its referring to igsest1bup01-TL4000 but we don't see that robot (TLD0) configured in the output of tpconfig -l.

It was probabably removed/replaced and you now have TLD1 with storage unit igsest1bup01-hcart3-robot-tld-1. You can use the new storage unit in the disk staging schedule.

Alternatively it could be the same type of issue but in an SLP. If the scenario above doesn't apply you can post

nbstl -L

11 Replies