Forum Discussion

Shehkh4
Level 4
2 years ago

Pre-requisites for MSDP Pool

While configuring MSDP pool it gives me an error of system call (11), so can anyone tell the pre-requisites that I have to do to configure MSDP pool, Thanks.

20 Replies

Shehkh4
      Level 4

I hav already seen that it doesn't helps.This the full error that I get:
      Configuring Media Server Deduplication Pool <server_name> -system call failed(11)
      Reconfigration failed for storage server PureDisk:windows.system call failed
      -----------

Can you tell me the steps to create MSDP like I have created but it's not configuring? Like what I'm doing wrong?
      Can you please assist I'm so confused.

Nicolai

System call failed is as the name imply a system call to Windows, where Windows wasn't able to complete the requested operation. In order to find out the reason, you need to look at the debug logs.

Try running : 

vxlogview -p 51216 -t 00:01:00

This command will report ALL activities 1 minute back from command was run, and should be able to show what call went wrong.

More vxlogview help can be found in "How to use the "vxlogview" command to view Veritas NetBackup Unified logging entries"

See : https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017099

You may have to delete the old configuration before creating a new - see : How to delete a MSDP old configuration  : https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038015

• Can you describe the scenario that you are trying to do here...  

"Okay so the Target Server had high security I changed it to medium as medium was also for the Origin Server, Still MSDP is not configuring"

Are you trying to move a MSDP storage server from one master to another??  If so, are you doing that by copying files??

Please give more details as to how you have got to this position...