Forum Discussion

a04andno
Level 3
7 years ago

PREFERREDREPLICA TRUE not working correctly

Hi again,

There seems to be another problem here. The "PREFERREDREPLICA TRUE" key word in the batch script seems to not be working correctly. I have set it up so that one full backup is taken on saturdays and every hour one transactionlog backup is taken of the databases. But it seems like every bakcup thats done are done on both my server and not only on the prefered replica (se picture). I have set the option for the availability group and I have also the keyword in the batch script as you can see (se pictures). Does anyone know what could be wrong here?

Regards Anders

15 Replies

• Hi again,

There seems to be another problem here. The "PREFERREDREPLICA TRUE" key word in the batch script seems to not be working correctly. I have set it up so that one full backup is taken on saturdays and every hour one transactionlog backup is taken of the databases. But it seems like every bakcup thats done are done on both my server and not only on the prefered replica (se picture). I have set the option for the availability group and I have also the keyword in the batch script as you can see (se pictures). Does anyone know what could be wrong here?

Regards Anders