Forum Discussion

Ziggy1941
Level 4
11 years ago

Exchange 2010 GRT error restore

I have MS Exchange 2010 standalone installation in VMware 5.1 virtual infrastructure. Also I have NBU 7.6 FA master standalone server in virtual machine too. All configs I done accordi...
    11 years ago

That log is verbose enough. Perfect.

Looks like its an issue with the virtfile driver.

I see this in the log:

1/21/2014 22:30:08.159 [                    ] <from Producer::iterateResource> !FilterLoad FILE_NOT_FOUND error. (../BEDSContext.cpp:164)
    1/21/2014 22:30:08.159 [                    ] <from Producer::iterateResource> !Unable to load VirtFile (../BEDSContext.cpp:164)
    1/21/2014 22:30:08.159 [                    ] <from Producer::iterateResource> !FilterConnectCommunicationPort FILE_NOT_FOUND error. (../BEDSContext.cpp:164)

This can hopefully be fixed fairly easy.  Type this in at the CMD box of the Exchange server:
    "c:\sc query virtfile"

You probably either see an error that its not installed or stopped.  In Windows explorer, go to the Netbackup install bin directory and then virtfile, such as:  C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\VirtFile

Right click on the virtfile.inf file and select install. Running the "sc query" command again should show the driver as running.  If this all looks good, try the GRT browse again.