Forum Discussion

13 years ago

restore by bprestore command fails with status 2826

Hey I'm trying to restore a file from a Linux media server (local backup) to an HP-UX client to an alternate path When restoring from the GUI, everything is fine But when I try restoring by com...
    13 years ago

I believe that the .SeCuRiTy.4 file represents ACLs for the file in question and bpbkar is attempting to apply those ACLs on your HP-UX client, which is causing some trouble.  (Is this a restore to the same client, or an alternate client - and if an alternate client, are they different Operating Systems or perhaps extended ACLs are in use on one and not the other?)

Although...if it works from the GUI and not from the command line, there may be a bug somewhere.  Have you opened a case with us?  If not, can you?

(How much is it bugging YOU is probably the more salient question...assuming the restore file looks OK on your client - and I'm assuming it does? - you could probably get away with ignoring that error.  Just be sure to double check that the permissions on the restore file are acceptable to your legal team!)