Forum Discussion

MartinVi
Level 6
13 years ago

Vault - Pre Eject Notification Mail - NBU 7.1.0.2

Hi all,

i need to know in which step the "Pre Eject Notification Mail" is generated during a vault session because we should inform our operation stuff when they can start with the removal of the tapes from the robot.

At the step when the vault job start with ejecting the media we should inform our operation stuff to remove the tapes according the tape list. The problem is that the report Picking List for Robot was created after the removal of the tapes.

It would be nice if someone can give me a hint. Thanks ...

Regards, Martin

• It seems you got it right...

vlt_starteject_notify is run after eject.list is generated, whereas vlt_starteject_notify is before the eject.list.

Is your goal trying to mail the eject.list to the operator, right after the file is available, and before eject processing completes?

The existing vlt_starteject_notify produces a "nicely-formatted" notification to "someone_who_cares" :) , which includes robot#, vault name, profile name & sessionID. If you don't really need this, just replace the whole script with the following line will do:

mail  someone@who.cares  < /usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions/$3/sid$4/eject.list

$3 is profile name
    $4 is session ID #

Hope this helps.

4 Replies

• Maybe you can run first a vault with only the tapes list and mail them, no need to eject or take action when they get the list lets say after an hour the eject vault can start and get the second mail with confirmation list.

Just a thought.

Regards.

• Hi Omar,

thanks for the hint. I've found the script vlt_starteject_notify in the bin/goodies directory which could be a solution for my problem. The script will be executed immediatly before the eject phase of a vault job but after the eject.list has been generated. now i only need to know how i can put in the eject.list or if that occur automatically but i don't think so.

Can someone provide me a example, please?

Regards, Martin

• It seems you got it right...

vlt_starteject_notify is run after eject.list is generated, whereas vlt_starteject_notify is before the eject.list.

Is your goal trying to mail the eject.list to the operator, right after the file is available, and before eject processing completes?

The existing vlt_starteject_notify produces a "nicely-formatted" notification to "someone_who_cares" :) , which includes robot#, vault name, profile name & sessionID. If you don't really need this, just replace the whole script with the following line will do:

mail  someone@who.cares  < /usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions/$3/sid$4/eject.list

$3 is profile name
    $4 is session ID #

Hope this helps.

• Hi all,

thanks for your help. i have change the script to our requirements and it works. thanks a lot.

i just modify watsons line as follow:

mail_cmd "vault ejection started" $someone_who_cares /usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions/$2/sid$4/eject.list 

Regards, Martin