Forum Discussion

15 years ago

VNETD issue

hi all,

i have Netbackup installed on /usr/openv mount point on one machine.

now a requirement is that i have to move Netbackup from one machine to another.

i did a ufsdump on a Solaris machine and then did a ufsrestore ... althought the restore was sucessfull.  then i started the Netbackup services, but i am encountering this error " Error "Unable to login, status 525, Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on <hostname> on port 13724"

kindly suggest, also i have started the Netbackup services... but still have this issue.

14 Replies

• Sounds good to me.
    Ensure NBU starts up at the end of installation. Stop NBU (including pbx) before doing ufsrestore.

****EDIT****

One more thing: 6.5.4 upgrades PBX as well. Even if you backup & restore /opt/VRTSpbx, the package info will not be updated. This might cause problems with future upgrades.
    Maybe best if you actually patch NBU before doing the ufsrestore. This will ensure that pbx, icsco as well as the sg driver (that lives in /kernel/drv) gets updated correctly.

• Dear,
     i have performed the following steps.
    --->Stop all NBU Services
    --->init 0
    ---> boot -s
    ---> took ufsdump on remote machine
    ---> and put this mahcine down.

---> sys-unconfig on remote machine, and provided the same host name and ip address(as of previous machine running NBU 6.5.4)
    -->installed NBU and patched it to 6.5.4 and its working now perfectly.

now for ufsrestore of (/usr/openv  and  /opt/VRTSpbx), should i stop NBU services first  or just overwrite them ?

• Please stop ALL NBU daemons before doing ufsrestore.
    Confirm with bpps -x

If you have installed 6.5.4, no need to restore /opt/VRTSpbx - it's already at the correct level and contains no configuration info.

• Yup , it has worked.
    i stopped all NBU services, and performed a ufsrestore.

now, it is running.. and loaded all its previous configurations...

let me do a Filesystem restore and a BMR with it (with previously taken backups). and i will update you whether its functioning perfectly or not.