Forum Discussion

Big_Steve
Level 3
10 years ago

Create incremental backup

Hi there,

I've just installed SSR 2003 SP2, and cannot figure out how to create an incremental backup.

I've created the initial backup, and want to have a weekly full backup on Sunday, and incrementals during work hours through the week.

How do I set this up? I can't find a simple explanation in the user guide. Or have I missed something?

Is there a document somewhere that explains this?

Thanks,

Steve.

• May be I can help you understand how to set the incremental on weekly basis assuming you are choosing the option "Recovery point set"

Open the console -> Edit the backup job -> Click Next ( 3 times)

On "Options" pane the outer schedule is for incrementals and under "create a new recovery point base" once you click on "Custom" the inside schedule  is for "Full recovery points"

So choose the days n time for full backups under Custom and for outside schedule choose the day n time for incremantals

Please check the screen shot

Note : If you choose the option "Independent recovery point"  type of backup it will not give you the option for creating incremental backups

4 Replies

• Hi Markus,

I looked through that. What page / section is it in?

Ta,

Steve.

• May be I can help you understand how to set the incremental on weekly basis assuming you are choosing the option "Recovery point set"

Open the console -> Edit the backup job -> Click Next ( 3 times)

On "Options" pane the outer schedule is for incrementals and under "create a new recovery point base" once you click on "Custom" the inside schedule  is for "Full recovery points"

So choose the days n time for full backups under Custom and for outside schedule choose the day n time for incremantals

Please check the screen shot

Note : If you choose the option "Independent recovery point"  type of backup it will not give you the option for creating incremental backups