Forum Discussion

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
16 years ago

Error creating the custom environment

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a Customized System Recovery Disk to recover a HP ML350 with a  P400 controller.
Now I added the 2008 drivers to the CSRD as previously advised by a Symantec Employee as i'm using BESR 8.5.3 which loads the 2008 environment on start up.

But every time I try to create the SRD I get the following message after a few minutes:
Error Creating the custom recovery environment

InjectingDriver
ECA3139C
Error ECA3139C: Symantec Recovery Disk does not support the type of driver.

So I created a CSRD a couple of weeks back for a Dell PE 1950, again with the 2008 driver for the Storage Controller and tried to do it again this evening - and now it won't work!!!
Same error each time.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Gilly
  • Gilly -- I've given up on trying to inject the drivers into the SRD so I take a brute strength an ignorance approach.  I copy the entire contents of the SRD to a local folder on my workstation.  I then copy the drivers to a subfolder (can be named anything descriptive) under the DDB folder.  Make sure to include the entire installation package -- extract from archive if necessary.  Then when asked for the location of the SRD during the custom build process, I select the local folder I copied the SRD to.  Sometimes the recovery environment finds the new drivers without issue.  Other times I have to browse to the CD to load the driver.  Either way, it is better than having to remember to mount an external drive where the drivers are stored.

You could also try the Vista drivers if available.  Vista and Server 2008 are the same code base so the drivers are supposed to same.  This might change as the separate products mature.

23 Replies