Forum Discussion

JimmyB2
Level 4
4 years ago

VSR Management Solution Unable To Create Policy - 404 Not Found Error

Hi all, I have installed on my VM  (Windows Server 2016) VSR Management Solution 21 and now I would like to create some backup policies to centrally manage backup. However, I am not able to create ...
    JimmyB2
    4 years ago

My issue has been solved. The key point was to set proper/higher permissions for the user, that accesses the app.

Troubleshooting:

I was digging through as many logs as possible, however I was not able to find anything useful for me regarding error output Unable To Create Policy - 404 Not Found Error. I went through

- C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Agent

- C:\inetpub\logs (it is log of Microsoft IIS web server, I have enabled viewing of detailed messages)

Finally, It occurred to me to change Security settings. In the upper task bar under Settings -> Security -> Security Role Manager I have adjusted (raised) permissions for my user and Bingo! Creation of policies and destionation storage works.

Browsing of destination storages is still not possible, however it is possible to copy full path of the destination storage to the destination field.

See you next time!