Forum Discussion

LBrignol
Level 4
16 years ago

DA 2007 SP2 to SP4 upgrade ends up with slowness for customer databases

Does anyone have any suggestions for this issue.  Basically we upgraded the DA and EV environment for a customer and found that the DA customers are experiencing slowness only on the GUI.    The scheduled searches are still very fast in completing.    The GUI however takes up to 5-6 minutes to finish loading.  I have an open case on this and suport want me to move the DA databases over to another SQL server.  They are on a very beefy 2005 SQL cluster at the moment along with the EV databases.    I have moved one of the customer databases onto a different SQL 2005 server with no other applications on it, and it still has the same issue.

I am at a loss on what else to do.   We checked all the performance settings and all are in place and the server has been rebooted many times in these efforts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

• The initial GUI for the Customer is slow, once in it is slow between screens but not as slow as the initial screen.  

However, I have solved the problem.  I had to Unstinstall DA binaries, and reinstalled them FRESH, and it works wonderfully now. 

Thanks everyone for trying to help! 

LB

5 Replies

• Symantecs present recomendation is that DA to be on a SQl server of it's own. It is also recommended that the SQL and OS be 64bit for DA because of the better memory management in the 64 Bit applications.

You said you moved one customer database over to the new server. also try moving the da config database because there is communication between the customer database and the evbaadmin database

• One more point. Moving all of DA to a seperate SQl is good to do now because for EV 8 (Bauer) it is a requirement and that will be released soon. 
  • The problem here is everything was working great until the upgrade.  I know moving DB's to another server will help tremendously.  Just think its a GUI problem at this point.  The SQL servers are really beefy and have not experienced this issue on SP2 at all. Kinda strange. 
  • Hi,

Is the whole GUI slow or just certain operations?  Get support to identity the specific queries that are running slowly.

• The initial GUI for the Customer is slow, once in it is slow between screens but not as slow as the initial screen.  

However, I have solved the problem.  I had to Unstinstall DA binaries, and reinstalled them FRESH, and it works wonderfully now. 

Thanks everyone for trying to help! 

LB