Forum Discussion

EVSpinner
Level 5
11 years ago

Sent items appears as folder in Archive Explorer

Morning all, I have a scenario where a user has ended up with 2 EV archives - they left the company and returned. Their return was not managed correctly and a new archive created in error. They now demonstrate a curious behaviour as follows:

Old archive - open archive in Archive Explorer and look for their Sent Items. Sent Items appears as an Outbox and mails in it display the name of the person the mail was sent TO (expected behaviour)

New archive -  open archive in Archive Explorer and look for their Sent Items. Sent Items appears as a FOLDER and mails in it display the name of the person the mail was sent FROM. Expected behaviour for a folder, but this is their live Sent Items outbox - the user wants to see who the mail was sent TO in an Outbox not from (from = themselves)

So EV thinks this Sent Items outbox in the new archive is a folder and not sent items outbox

Has anyone ever come across this? 

I have tried zapping the mailbox, but to no avail.

I don't think it is a browser related problem - the display is correct behaviour for a folder but the actual object is a sent items outbox. EV is just confused for some reason

It's not Parent Root Identity

I was thinking as a last resort create a new mailbox and take the opportunity to get rid of the 2 EV archives, and merge both into the new mailbox, but if I have any other options available I'd be interested to hear 

Many thanks

• I went back to this problem today and noticed that the icon on the Sent Items has changed since performing the zap. I think it took 24 hours for this to reflect in Archive Explorer - that's why I thought it hadn't worked. For anyone else coming across this problem and finding this thread - zap the affected user mailbox, leave 24 hours (or force AE to update) and see if that solves for you like it did for me

3 Replies

• What version of EV is this?  This issue was resolved ages ago as it sounds like this:

When viewing shortcuts in the "Sent Items" folder, the "To:" column is blank.

Article:TECH35709  |  Created: 2004-01-24  |  Updated: 2007-01-24  |   

You could simply just move one of the archives to another instead of creating a new one.

• Hi Tony, my mistake for not mentioning - it's 9.0.3.1164

Thank you for the Technote - I'll check the SQL out 

Move archive sounds promising - I'll run in the lab

Cheers

• I went back to this problem today and noticed that the icon on the Sent Items has changed since performing the zap. I think it took 24 hours for this to reflect in Archive Explorer - that's why I thought it hadn't worked. For anyone else coming across this problem and finding this thread - zap the affected user mailbox, leave 24 hours (or force AE to update) and see if that solves for you like it did for me