Forum Discussion

Sid_help
Level 4
11 years ago

CASO

My goal is to use optimized/shared deduplication to replicate server backups between my two sites and be able to restore those backups and local backups during a vpn failure or site failure.  If site A is down, I want to recover site A servers to site B.  If site B is down, I want to recover site B servers to site A.

SO I am thinking of caso, but is bidirectional replication is possible for CASO.

In my test environment I tried to share both dedup storage. I am able to replicate from A to B but not from B to A.

When i tried to do it from B to A the shared dedup storage A showing Paused at B site.

SO CASO support bidirectional replication/ duplication.??

Need help.

•  

I got solution my replication to both side is successful just made some changes in policies. and run it as soon as the my full job completed. Its successful.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi,

How are your Data/Catalogs set up in your CASO environment? Replicated, Localised or Centralised on the CASO?

Thanks!

• Hii Craig 

while setting CASO i checked Centralised with unlimited or something.

For both side replication which steps needed ?

can you send me the steps??

• It should be a simple case of putting in a stage to duplicate from the CASO to the MMS's dedupe folder, and then vice versa for the MMS to the CASO.

Is this configured as such?

Thanks!

• hii Craig,

Yes i have created the policy for duplication from CASO to MMS and vice versa. For that I have shared the dedup storage of both the CASO and MMS. I am able to duplicate from CASO to MMS but not from MMS to CASO.

when i run the duplication FROM MMS to CASO it shows that storage is paused.

So is both way duplication/ replication is supported??

For reference I am enclosing snapshots

• Its probably related to the issue mentioned by CraigV, however you could try changing the Backup Exec server from Backup Exec server pool in the backup options. Try using MMS/ CAS in the Backup Exec server pool and see if that helps. However you will need to log a case with Symantec for further assistance.

•  

I got solution my replication to both side is successful just made some changes in policies. and run it as soon as the my full job completed. Its successful.