Forum Discussion

rgreen12-5
Level 2
12 years ago

12.5 Unable to Restore Database "grayed out"

I have backed up my oracle 11 database for months.  I am testing a restore of the database.  I clicked the restore wizard , expand my machine name, and see the Oracle Database which I have backed up.  I click on it,  and  and the right hand window has Backup Date of None. 

I am using the Wizard so it automatically uses the proper view by resourse.  I just did a backup and it does not see the new one.  I have cateloged my media.  Nothing.  There seems to be no way to restore the database.

I have backed up to tape and to Disk.  I have two other databases which are doing the same thing. 

I am running windows 2003 SP2 x64 , Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 rev 2213 for media Server and Admin Console.

I say a post where someone had to do an update to their 2010 copy in order to fix this.  I have done updates of my product. 

• I believe I found the fix for this from Tech 59749.  The ODBC catalog was having issues or not logging the database backup due to an ODBC error.  The backups would all be "sucessful" but if you try and restore they were not registered in th eODBC database.  I followed step 3 of the Tech59749 .  I looks like it is working. 

lesson learned is to check your restores frequently to avoid problems.

1 Reply

• I believe I found the fix for this from Tech 59749.  The ODBC catalog was having issues or not logging the database backup due to an ODBC error.  The backups would all be "sucessful" but if you try and restore they were not registered in th eODBC database.  I followed step 3 of the Tech59749 .  I looks like it is working. 

lesson learned is to check your restores frequently to avoid problems.