Forum Discussion

YM_user
Level 4
10 years ago

Backup Exec 2014 cannot restore mailbox items

We have VM Server with AD 2008 R2 VM and Exchange 2010 with Win 2008 R2 Enterprise. We use Symantec Backup 2014 V-Ray with recent purchase installed in AD 2008 R2 VM to make backup of Exchange VM to one NAS. Exchange VM backup is completed successfuly. When try to restore individual mail items from that backup, it show "The job failed with the following error: Cannot open one or more mail messages because of unknown Exchange Web Service errors." How to solve it? Thanks.

• Did you install the Exchange 2010 management tools on the BE server ?

Does the BE service account has an unique mailbox ?

13 Replies

• Still can't.

In EWS log, I have found that:

[10a4] 11/22/14 10:40:43  Exception in FindFolder The server to which the application is connected cannot impersonate the requested user due to insufficient permission.
    [10a4] 11/22/14 10:40:43 ---EWSStore::OpenFolder---
    [10a4] 11/22/14 10:40:43  Exception in FindFolder The server to which the application is connected cannot impersonate the requested user due to insufficient permission.
    [10a4] 11/22/14 10:40:43 ---EWSStore::TestEntryId---
    [10a4] 11/22/14 10:40:43 ---EWSStore::OpenFolder---

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH212113

I have typed before.

• Well, EWS is still reporting insufficient permissions. Run the following command via powershell on the Exchange server:-

test-webservicesconnectivity -MailboxCredential $(get-credential) -TrustAnySSLCertificate  | FL

Enter the BE credentials and check if there are any failures or not. This is test the EWS connectivity outside of BE.

Lastly, verify the steps as per http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH168297

• Thanks for your help!! (pkh,ZeRoC00L,VJware)

The problem I found is backup exec logon account and its mailbox should exist in current Exchange Server 2010. I create 'backup' account for assigning administrators group and mailbox organization group, creating its mailbox and then backup exec account use 'backup' account to authorize Exchange VM and become successful.