Forum Discussion

vvm101
Level 3
13 years ago

Cannot store file using Content management EV API in C++ application

Hi , I'm trying to create an application (C++) for file archiving using Symantec Enterprise Vault Content Management API. For test purposes I use an EV server running on a separate box (virtual mac...
    13 years ago

OK so the site id will be at the end of all of your EV GUID's, such as my archive ID is 16E175A0FCE3FBC47A54235332BDBEE441110000evsite

So the Site Alias is always at the end of the guid, so you'd ping EVSite, and it would return from the EV Server the Site Alias is pointed to

Another example would be 16E175A0FCE3FBC47A54235332BDBEE441110000ev.company.local
    Your Site Alias would be ev.company.local, and again would reply from which ever EV server the DNS points to.

Thats just a guess though as i've seen a lot of API stuff fail if the Site Alias is not contactable/pingable.

Another couple of things would be, on the EV Server in the System Logs do you see any Distributed COM errors where it shows a DCOM Package that failed to open? What does the GUI relate to?

And when running the utility, is this utility on a machine that is joined to the same domain the EV Server is on and are you running it as your local user or the EVAdmin account?

If you do a RunAs and then enter your EVAdmins details, does it work and then just fail for the other users?

Other things you could try is dtracing on the EVServer things like AuthServer, StorageArchive and DirectoryService and also on the local machine run a DTrace on all other executables and see if that offers any hints what so ever