Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Discovery Accelerator 8 Search

Hello,

I have to search and export all of a users email, xyz@abc.com, emails for the last 5 years but exclude about 40 names and domains from this search. Anyone know if there is a limit to how many names you can exclude from a search? I don't have analyics enabled and wonder if that is the best method to be doing this? I ran the following search but did not get any hits.

xyz@abc.com -domain1 - domain2 - domain3...etc

Suggestions?

• There isn't a limit to the criteria AFAIK.  Just know, the more criteria you have the longer the search will take.

• Hello, crisko855;

I tested this in my 11.0.1 CHF2 lab and found that you'll need to configure your search as follows in the 'To or From' field:

Enter into the 'To or From' field the criteria as follows:

xyz@abc.com - domain1

xyz@abc.com -domain2

xyz@abc.com -domain3

xyz@abc.com -domain40

Then, change the 'Any of' selection to 'All of'.  This change to 'All of' is the critical part that will get you the results you want.

Please check it out and let us know if that resolved your issue or not.  I believe it will based on my lab testing results.

Kind regards,

Ken

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, crisko855;

I tested this in my 11.0.1 CHF2 lab and found that you'll need to configure your search as follows in the 'To or From' field:

Enter into the 'To or From' field the criteria as follows:

xyz@abc.com - domain1

xyz@abc.com -domain2

xyz@abc.com -domain3

xyz@abc.com -domain40

Then, change the 'Any of' selection to 'All of'.  This change to 'All of' is the critical part that will get you the results you want.

Please check it out and let us know if that resolved your issue or not.  I believe it will based on my lab testing results.

Kind regards,

Ken

• There isn't a limit to the criteria AFAIK.  Just know, the more criteria you have the longer the search will take.