Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Enterprise Vault Failing To Archive

Hi,

i have an issue with one of my  EV deployments. We are implementing EV 8.0.3 in our environment. SQL 2000 Ent edition is the database that we are using. exchange 2007 is the email server

we implemented EV last week and it was archviving the emails. but suddenly now it has stopped archving.

any ideas on how to bring it to working.

its kind of urgent so i would highly appreciate some quick responses.

thanks and regards

• guys,

sorry for not responding....i didnt even get a notification that you guys have replied to my email.

well i managed to solve the issue with the help of a symantec support guy.

the issue was that the remove safety copies check box in the vault properties was checked to be done after the backup.

i wasnt doing the backup and hence it wasnt archiving.

thanks for the assistance guys :)

4 Replies

•  Hmmm zubair,

This is a little vague. You would need to elaborate a bit more here.  Post a full description of the problem, what you have tried and log files.  This way someone might be able to help.

But your question is like me saying, "I have a Subaru WRx I bought last week and now its not running.. Help me..."

• If you have any errors in the event logs post them so we can try to identify what services are causing the errors and they error type
    Post the errors in order as they appear in the event log
  • guys,

sorry for not responding....i didnt even get a notification that you guys have replied to my email.

well i managed to solve the issue with the help of a symantec support guy.

the issue was that the remove safety copies check box in the vault properties was checked to be done after the backup.

i wasnt doing the backup and hence it wasnt archiving.

thanks for the assistance guys :)