Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Enterprise Vault Index service started then stopped,

I have an issue in Enterprise Vault Index service, That it started then stopped, From Event log and Dtrace, I found that this is a solution  

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000064703

But When I try to install  Enterprise Vault Indexing Redistributable.msi it give me error, roduct: Symantec Enterprise Vault Indexing Redistributable -- Installation failed.

Product: Symantec Enterprise Vault Indexing Redistributable -- Cannot Downgrade! 

When I try to Uninstall, It give me that this is for only installed application,

Any help Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Ahmad Abdelhady

• Hello Ahmad,

Are you using the MSI which belongs to the version you use?

If you applied a hotfix, it might be there is a new MSI in the hotfix files. check that first. If that does not apply, you should contact support, and ask them to assist.

• I have tried the same version, And it's not working, And also remove all the hotfix files, But at the end I have tried another version and it's worked.

3 Replies

• Hello Ahmad,

Are you using the MSI which belongs to the version you use?

If you applied a hotfix, it might be there is a new MSI in the hotfix files. check that first. If that does not apply, you should contact support, and ask them to assist.

Ahmad-Abdelhady
      Level 2

I have tried the same version, And it's not working, And also remove all the hotfix files, But at the end I have tried another version and it's worked.