Forum Discussion

hbozan
Level 4
9 years ago

How to Merge two Journal Vault Stores

There are two EV servers in the same company and both have just Journaling. We want old Journal disk to merge to new Journal disk or add as a second disk and remove old EV server completely.

First, there was one A_EV server (with Exchange 2010) and in a reason (environment changed) they stop to continue with A_EV server and they created new B_EV server (with Exchange 2013 ) six months before.

Same company and same domain but like AD, DNS, Exchange, Proxy servers and versions are changed.A_EV server was 10.0.3 versions and upgraded to 11.0.1. Old A_EV Journaling is not active (disabled). System is working for searching Journal mails.New B_EV Journaling is active and working. Both EV servers are the same version 11.0.1

We would like to move old Journaling data from old A_EV to new B_EV server. Merge or as a second vault disk can be added.Target is to keep data in the same server and be able to searchable. Then we will remove old A_EV server and just new B_EV will remain.

In Journaling there isn't import options and cause of default installations DB names are the same. Which steps can I follow for this issue to resolve ?

Thank you,

• As Move Archive only supports moving journal archives in the same site I think your best\only option would be to look at third-party migration tool, like ArchiveShuttle, to merge the two sites.  

You can view www.quadrotech-it.com/products/archive-shuttle/ for more details.

2 Replies

• As Move Archive only supports moving journal archives in the same site I think your best\only option would be to look at third-party migration tool, like ArchiveShuttle, to merge the two sites.  

You can view www.quadrotech-it.com/products/archive-shuttle/ for more details.