Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Mailbox not archiving

Afternoon....

We have a user who's mailbox hasn't archived since Jan2011 and i am looking for some assistance in kicking it off again!

I have done a run now in Report mode, but the report came back blank. I have also done a D-Trace but no idea what i am looking at.

The reg fix to ignore corrrupt items was applied previously so confident that isn't the cause.

Any further troubleshooting tips appreciated

Thanks

18 Replies

• ok do this for us, run the dtrace again, but *only* the archive task, and then perform a run now in report mode and let it go for a few minutes.

with the rest of everything being traced, theres a lot of buffer overflows, meaning that you're losing information being logged because theres just too much being selected.

So leave out storage archive, and just concentrate on ArchiveTask Only

oh and zip it before uploading :)

• How do i just run a dtrace against the archive task?

Schoolboy error not zipping, apologies!

• it's alright :)

So do this for us

1. Go to Start -> Run -> Type "CMD" and press OK
    2. CD to "e:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\"
    3. Type "Dtrace" and press Enter
    4. Type "set ArchiveTask v" and press Enter
    5. Type "log E:\NotArchiving.txt" and press Enter
    6. Minimize the command prompt
    7. Through the VAC go to the Mailbox Archiving Task responsible for this user
    8. Right click and go to Run Now
    9. Choose the user and either do a full run against the mailbox or do a report mode
    10. Let that run for maybe 10 minutes or so (last one was 3 minutes and showed 279 email archived)
    11. Go back to the command prompt
    12. Type Exit and confirm you wish to stop logging
    13. Close the command prompt, zip the log file and attach here

• If you receive a solution from Symantec support, please add the solution to this thread for future reference.