loko32
Level 5
15 years ago

Outlook add-in fails to load after restart outlook

Hello,

I use Enterprise Vault 7.5 sp4
clients use: Windows xp sp3
                      outlook 2007 sp2

The outlook add-in are not loaded when i close outlook and start it again.
This happens if i start my outlook too quick after that i closed it.

1_Outlook_add_in_err.JPG

I've just installed an update of the valkyrie.dll (EVClient_en_2007SP4_315274.zip)
After that, the problem was not solved.
OK, you can say "don' t start outlook so fast after i closed it" , but i wanna know why this only with the EV add-in happens and not with other add-ins.

Is there a hot-fix that fix that problem?

• Firstly this can happen with other add-ins, it's not something unique for Enterprise Vault.   Sometimes Outlook just takes a longer time to shutdown (you'll see it in task manager, and on your system tray).  I don't think there is anything that you can do about it.  Also the dialog I sometimes get is different.. it tells me that Valkyrie.dll had a problem, and asks me if I want to disable it.... rather than something automatically enabling it.  Do you see that ever?

3 Replies

• Firstly this can happen with other add-ins, it's not something unique for Enterprise Vault.   Sometimes Outlook just takes a longer time to shutdown (you'll see it in task manager, and on your system tray).  I don't think there is anything that you can do about it.  Also the dialog I sometimes get is different.. it tells me that Valkyrie.dll had a problem, and asks me if I want to disable it.... rather than something automatically enabling it.  Do you see that ever?
  • Hoi Rob,

I've not seen, a dialog like you have described.

thx for quick response :-)

kind regards

Loko33
  • Hi,

I always find that running the EVResetClient file from the Enterprise Vault directory on the client (with outlook closed) fixes this.  I've had it on a few and seems to work a treat.  Can't remember whether it was .bat or .exe though, but I'm sure you'll find it.

You need to run it as the actual user with the problem though, as it's a user profile type thing normally that clears out various caches etc.

Regards
    Jacqui