Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Problems starting EV Indexing Service after upgrade to 10.0.3

After I upgraded a site from Enterprise vault 10.0.1 to 10.0.3 the Enterprise Vault Indexing Service will stop after 30 seconds. It seems like when the EV Indexing Service starts, it will still try to do the installation, but it fails.

The event viewer for Symantec Enterprise Vault gives an event id of 41298:

The Indexing Service has stopped (10.0.3.1090). 
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=10.0.3.0&build=10.0.3.1090&error=V-437-41298

There is no information to be found on the url in the document.

There is also an event with id 41293:

Configuration Error 
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=10.0.3.0&build=10.0.3.1090&error=V-437-41293

The only error I can find here is "Error with the Enterprise Vault Services after an uninstall of the Enterprise Vault Client from the server".

I am running Backtrace at the moment, and I managed to find that this url is failing (line 36 is in red color):

http://localhost/evindexing/velocity.aspx?v.app=api-soap

Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'VivisimoNET' or one of its dependencies. Modules which are not in the manifest were streamed in. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131043)

Source Error: 

Line 34:         <add assembly="System.IdentityModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />
Line 35:         <add assembly="System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
Line 36:         <add assembly="VivisimoNET" />
Line 37:         <add assembly="Velocity" />
Line 38:       </assemblies>

Source File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp\web.config    Line: 36 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'VivisimoNET' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456 

I will now try to trace some more, but I think I need some help here. A backtrace log file is attached.

Thank you
Gunnar Vinje
Atea AS, Norway
  • Hello,

the problem resolve after I delete  the temp .net

please see the procedure.

1.iisreset /stop

2. rename the folder under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\evindexing    to .old

3. iisreset /start

4. Start EV indexing

Ronen

13 Replies

• Hello,

the problem resolve after I delete  the temp .net

please see the procedure.

1.iisreset /stop

2. rename the folder under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\evindexing    to .old

3. iisreset /start

4. Start EV indexing

Ronen

• Thank you Ronen. 

In my case I had no evindexing directory existing but only commands "iisreset /stop" & "iisreset /start" has corrected the issue (without rename).

I just want to let it know for others...

Cheers,

Fred