Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Failed to get the document from the Storage Service.

Guys, could you please help? Symptom: - User tries to restore an e-mail with attachments and gets the error "GetOnlineAttachmentFileSize  0xc0041b0f" - I noted the following event IDs on EV ser...
    13 years ago

that is an interesting issue. There is an issue with EV extracting the item from the cab but you can manually do this. I have seen A LOT of these kinds of issues, but rarely does one manifest like you are describing.

I would tripple check your process. If you can get the item from the cab file, I would make sure that the DB reflects the same item you are checking. a storageserver, storagerestore, storageonlineopns dtrace should show what is happening at the point of retrieval.

IMHO this should not occur . . .that you can manually retrieve teh item from a cab but not retrieve it through EV.

GPK Guy is certianly right, that if this needs to be cleaned up you would need to call support to get a VERSION SPECIFIC (don't use one you may have laying arround) utility called VSVerify, but this would result in removal of the item from the system (Assuming the utility runs into the problem EV has but that windows explorer is not having. . .). I personally think there is room for futher investigation. . .as something is not matching up.