Forum Discussion

11 years ago

User unable to view Archive Explorer / Search Vaults in Outlook

Hi, I have a user who support have reinstalled EV and even Outlook, but still can't get it to work with Vault. The Archive Explorer or Search buttons just give a white page with no data on it. ...
    11 years ago

1. Verify that the Internet Explorer >  Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet >  Custom Level > "Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone" setting is not set to Disable or Prompt.  If it is, set it to Enable and test Outlook again. 

This issue can also be verified if the Outlook 9.0.2 or 10.0.0 or earlier Add-Ins allow access to Archive Explorer or Search, but the newer versions do not. 

1- Go to Control Panel.

2- Open Folder Options.

3- Go to "File Types" tab.

4- Locate and highlight "HTML" Extension.

5- Click on the "Change" button.

6- select "Internet Explorer"

7- Make sure that the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" check box is checked.

8- Click "OK" then "Close".

3. If you are using IE 10 , then open IE in the Compatibility Mode and then check it.

11 years ago

Sorry, thought I had closed this.

This is all working. None of what you suggested worked however.

I got it working by installing a newer client. The user was on 10.0.3 and no matter what I did, nothing worked. I installed 10.0.4 and it was fine.

Our server is 10.0.1

Outlook 2010.

IE 10

I tried the EVClientReset, nothing.

I had already tried removing and reinstalling 10.0.3, nothing

I tried the IE Security settings, nothing.

I tried running IE 10 in IE9 compatibility mode, nothing.

After all of this, I found a later client we had downloaded but not tested. Gave this a go and it worked straight away.

Thanks very much for your help, but I guess we will never know what was up here. The versions were all compatible and we run this config on other clients without issue.