Forum Discussion

EV_Novice
Level 5
10 years ago

Unable to open archived items in a shared mailbox.

Dear Experts, a Weird problem:

I can open archived items in a number of shared mailboxes without any trouble at all.

However in one shared mailbox, the following process occurs.

I click on the item shortcut, this is followed by a dialogue box with a green progress bar and 'Enterprise Vault is retrieving your item.' and 'Your password may be required...'

A further 'Windows Security' dialogue box opens listing my domain\userid and requiring a password to be entered.

If I enter the password, the 'Windows Security' panel closes and reopens again with the same credentials (my credentials).

If I respond with a 'Cancel' instead of the password, I receive the content of the shortcut item, with a dark grey band containing the legend "This item was archived by Enterprise Vault on 14 June 2014 14:47:38" and "There was an error loading this item - some functionality may not be available".

If I click on View the original item, which is displayed in the body of the shortcut, as a link, I am again prompted with my domain\userid credentials.

I enter my password and receive the disappointing result of a new browser panel that contains the helpful legend 'Symantec Enterprise Vault - Error' on a yellow background with, on a new line: 'You do not have access to this vault'.

I have checked the access control rights for the shared mailbox - they appear to be correct. I checked the access control rights for the archive in Enterprise Vault via the VAC and they do not appear to be incorrect. [There are some users/ groups with automatically set access rights that I can neither change nor delete. I do not know how to use the oft referred to "zap process".I'm sure that it is simple if you've seen it used, but I've never seen it used !!]

This ocurrs for any archived item in this particular shared mailbox. I can still open archived items in other shared mailboxes.

I am clearly missing something obvious in this process. a touch of not seeing the wood for the trees, possibly.

Please put me on the path to joy and success ?

17 Replies