Forum Discussion

c-3po
Level 3
12 years ago

Windows Search Issues

Hello, I have some issues with EV and Windows Search. First of all my client is 64-bit Win 7, 32-bit Office 2010 and EV client says 1.0.0.1316 in Outlook. I am not sure what is running on server side...
    12 years ago

<snip>

Enterprise Vault Client 10.0.0.1316.0 (HTTP)

</snip>

This from your client trace is the EV 10.0 client, ie not one of the service packs.

I also get the same message about WDS being disabled.

I have just tried the 10.0.2 client, to see if that makes any difference.

And I no longer get the message in the client log file.

To be honest I think (vaguely recalling some months ago before I left Symantec).  This a timing-collision type of thing.  The release of EV 10 overlapped with some of the EV 9 work, meaning that the base release of EV 10 lacked some functionality that was then added to EV 9.  That missing functionality was caught-back-up-with in EV 10.0.1. I think.

So .. the fix?  Use the 10.0.2 client.  I think you'll see that Windows Search even with mixed bit-ness is going to be okay now.  Give it a try in a controlled environment -  I have run out of time on mine. 

Outlook Instant Search though will still only search the Virtual Vault 'meta data', not the full item.

[Bear in mind that sometimes a rebuild of the WDS index is needed, and/or a few Outlook restarts....]