Forum Discussion

SYMAJ
Level 6
13 years ago

5220 Appliance - Re-configuring eth0 port to change address

When configuring a 5220 (2.0.2 code level) today I came accross a couple of issues when configuring the network. By default, I plugged the laptop into eth0, attached via browser to 192.168.1.1, and...
    13 years ago

OK - in order to achieve the desired result I did the following:

Attached to the Appliance on another interface (eth1) via the bonded IP address

LINKAGGREGATION DISABLE (needed to do this before I could unconfigure eth0 even though it was not bonded to anything)

IPV4 command to set the IP address on eth0

LINKAGGREGATION ENABLE eth2,eth3 balance-alb

GATEWAY SHOW (to check the default gateway is still correct)

GATEWAY ADD to add new gateway for eth0

Whilst running these commands the network was restarted several times, however........

I went on and installed the Java Admin Client on a PC and connected to one of the appliances, and then tried to connect.  It did connect but was very slow and was intermittent as to which functions I could select.  I noticed in the Java window that it was trying to resolve to the old IP address that was on eth0 - this no longer exists !!  As a long shot (as I thought that the network being restarted should have sorted this) I rebooted the Appliances (as I was having exactly the same problem on both).  This resolved the issue immediately - so I guess the old IP address was cached somewhere in the appliance.

Bottom line - problem solved and appliances seem to be operating OK at present as we start testing.

Thanks,

AJ.