Forum Discussion

6 years ago

How to send Catalog DR email from an appliance

Hello,

I have 3.1.2 Virtual (ROBO) appliance. I have configured email notification via Settings\Alerts\Email and it looks ok. So I have defined Software+Hardware Admins and when I issue Email Test they receive the test email.

According to the documentation, Software Admin should then also receive "An email of your catalog backup disaster recovery file." (Admin Guide, page 270). But I have performed many tests (catalog Policy runs with Email Checked/NoChecked, when checked then with Software Admin email) but email has never been received.

Any ideas?

Regards

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello

Did you add valid email address in the E-mail address box under Disaster Recovery tab in hot catalog policy??

I am having ca 20 NBU appliances and this is working quite well everywhere... well not the ROBO as you - but I assume this is the same piece of software but running in a VM....

ElGringo
      Level 6

Hello,

I have the same issue here with master runing on virtual appliance N3.1.2.

I guess it is a defect of N3.1.2 on virtual appliance.

I am agree with Quebek, it  used to work with physical appliance (at least with N3.1.1).

I did not configure physical appliance with master role running N3.1.2 ...

Any other idea ?

• Hi,

Please send the output of this command.

ls -ltr /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/ |grep mail