Forum Discussion

sdo
11 years ago

Is it correct to infer that Appliance v2.6.0.2 no longer supports vSphere ESX v4.1?

Just sharing something that a partner pointed out to me the other day, which I did add it as a potential answer to question in the main forum - but I think it's worth re-iterating and seeking clarifi...
    11 years ago

A few iterations of TECH127089 back (and I hope you do mean TECH127089, as TECH64542 was written for 6.x and hasn't been updated for over four years!) we changed up Table 10 to bring our support in line with VMware's - which is to say that we now ONLY support whatever's in the relevant edition of the VDDK Release Notes.  (I think I've gotten into trouble on this before when I said "sure, we support 5.5U1" when we didn't - or vice versa - part of the way this Table has been reconstructed is to try to eliminate just that confusion - it's no longer us; it's whatever's in the VDDK Release Notes and we always defer to them for questions of supportability.)

So, yes, vSphere 4 is probably right out, given what you've already found and posted.

As for Marianne's bullet, I'm not sure it actually applies anywhere now, given that every entry in our table now says "go look at some version of the VDDK Release Notes."  I'm not sure it's in conflict, however - if we no longer support vSphere 4, we wouldn't support those updates, either.

DOCUMENTATION: Support for NetBackup 7.x in virtual environments (updated June 10, 2014).
     http://symantec.com/docs/TECH127089

I hope that's clearer (as opposed to even more confusing) - if not, let me know and I can either try again or find someone who can explain it better.  ;-)