Forum Discussion

11 years ago

When too much process on appliance, randomly some of database backup fails at the middle of process

Hello, Firstly, this is a big company, nearly 20-25 TB data is backedup as weekly full backup. I think the problem occurs when i have duplication and backup processes at the same time. Randomly so...
    11 years ago

The tuning on the first link wll help you - some will need acces to the O/S on the appliance, some can be done through the CLISH and web GUI

The advice i gave on the other thread is very valid too - keep an eye on your queue and manually process it regularly to kep it down

Upgrading to 7.6.0.2 will also help you greatly as the standard tuning is all done in that version and the de-dupe engine is greatly improved

Of course restricting the number of jobs running at any one time may help

7.6 also provides the SLP window .. so you can schedule your SLPs to run the duplication during the day to prevent the overload when your backups are running

If possible get to 7.6.0.2 but if not process your queues regularly (crcontrol --processqueue) and use some of the appliance tuning shown in the first thread

Hope this helps