Forum Discussion

Dtrace
Level 3
15 years ago

lost NBDB database files

Hi Veritas Guys, I lost all catalog database file (nbdb.log, nbdb.db, index_nbdb.db, ....). I have create new file but can't restore my volume and device configuration. http://seer.entsuppor...
    15 years ago
    The TechNote that you quoted to do 'tpconfig -noverify' is for creating dummy devices in NBU version 3.4.
    You cannot create devices because the EMM database is 'broken'. You say you have followed TN 284299 to recreate EMM databases. The status 77 says that there's still a problem.

You initially said that you have lost entire /usr/openv/volmgr directory.
    You also said that you have lost all nbdb files. These EMM database files exist in /usr/openv/db/data.
    It seems that you have lost more than just these two folders.

My initial recommendation still stands - copy away /usr/openv/netbackup/db folder (if intact) and reinstall NetBackup from scratch. There is no point in trying to salvage a completely broken installation. You don't have a catalog backup to try and recover either.

The installation process will automatically create new EMM database. You will then be able to use the device wizard to add new devices. You could have been up and running by now.